What makes Porter’s so exceptional?
Our offerings are vast, but our attention is focused. With 110 course offerings, including extensive Advanced Placement options, students experience a wealth of opportunities in their course of study. With an average class size of 12 and a student to teacher ratio of 7-to-1, their intellectual curiosity is encouraged and empowered.
Goals Across the Curriculum
Ultimately, the goal of a Miss Porter’s School education is to develop engaged, self-directed learners. Through her studies, each student develops the following abilities:
- to use effectively the tools and techniques of each discipline;
- to identify and and solve problems in increasingly complex contexts;
- to progress from concrete to abstract understanding;
- to connect ideas across disciplines;
- to think creatively and act ethically;
- to develop a global perspective;
- to build bridges with peers and mentors from a wide range of life experiences;
- to communicate clearly and effectively with her own voice.