Katie has been coaching USA Swimmers since 1998. Katie attended Saint Joseph College (West Hartford, Conn.), where she was a member of the swim team from 1994 to 1998. During her tenure, she was named Most Valuable Swimmer and Greater Northeast Athletic Conference Swimming Championship Finalist, and placed in the top 24 at the New England Swimming Championships four years in a row. Katie finished her career at Saint Joseph College with school records in the 50, 100 and 200 Butterfly; 200 and 1,000 Freestyle; 200 Backstroke; and 100, 200 and 400 Individual Medley. She was the recipient of the Eastern College Athletic Conference Scholar Athlete Award (1994-1995) and the Saint Joseph College Athletics Senior Scholar Athlete Award (1998). In 2009, she was honored with the Saint Joseph College Alumnae Women In Sports Award.
Katie Riccobon founded WHAT Swimming in September of 2007. WHAT Swimming is a 2019 & 2020 Bronze Medal USA Swimming Team and the home of a 2021 Olympic Trial Qualifier. Katie brings a wealth of USA Swimming experience as a former member of three USA Swimming Teams: Lake Oswego Swim Club (Oregon), Jersey Wahoos (New Jersey) and the New England Barracudas (Boston). Katie is in her 11th season as the head swim coach at Miss Porter's School (Farmington, CT).
Miss Porter's Coaching Accomplishments:
- 2020 Undefeated dual meet season
- 2020 Founders League Champions (1st time in school history)
- 2020 New England Prep School Athletic Conference Division 2 Champions
- 2019 New England Prep School Athletic Conference Division 2 Champions
- 2018 New England Prep School Athletic Conference Division 2 Runner-Up
- 36 Founders League Champions
- 11 New England Prep School Athletic Conference Division 2 Champion