Title: Associate Dean of Equity and Inclusion
Department: Office of Equity and Inclusion
Job Status: Full-time, 12-month position
Reports to: Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer
The Associate Dean of Equity & Inclusion serves as an institutional leader that fosters the necessary relationship between equity and student life. The Associate Dean supports student programming, working primarily with students, individually and collectively, to cultivate and strengthen an equitable and inclusive school community. The Associate Dean builds on the work already done, imagines what is possible, and develops best practice programming for our students and community. To successfully live out our mission of educating young women to become informed, bold, resourceful, and ethical global citizens that shape a changing world, we must recognize the importance of building a community that is equitable and just. The Associate Dean is responsible for initiatives and decisions that foster student learning and growth while also looking to cultivate a better future program.
- In partnership with the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, leads the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that sustain and further develop cross-cultural competencies and identity-based skills in our students and faculty.
- Designs, develops, and/or oversees relevant student programming rooted in the school’s mission and Community Call to Action, including but not limited to Community Days, new and returning student orientation, and celebrations, workshops, and leadership trainings.
- Collaborates with other members of the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) on all relevant programming that advances the school’s vision to become a more just and anti-racist institution
- In collaboration with Dean of Students and community life team, builds, refines, and implements the school’s approach to restorative practices.
- Manages and responds to all instances of identity-based conflict and harm between students with support from members of the OEI.
- Manages student conference communication, selection, and logistics; examples of conferences include Student Diversity Leadership Conference (SDLC), Asian American Footsteps Conference, CAIS SDLC, Young Women of Color Conference, Spectrum Conference.
- Serves on Internal Team and other relevant committees as needs arise.
- Fulfills campus responsibilities as a member of a boarding community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years of comparable experience and demonstrated engagement leading diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
- Participation in in-depth training in diversity, equity, inclusion, and multicultural practices at nationally recognized seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Extensive knowledge of equity pedagogy and ability to provide thought leadership on diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices and relevant principles.
- An understanding of and commitment to working collaboratively to maintain an inclusive, culturally responsive learning environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the identity development of adolescent girls.
The essential functions and basic skills for this position have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include “Associate Dean of Equity and Inclusion” in your subject line.